Click on each section to display all its anwers.
1. REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- How can I register? Is there any deadline for the registration?
You can send the application form by e-mail, fax, mail, or, if you are in Salamanca, you can register directly at Colegio Delibes. There's no registration time, but, once you have decided on a course, we ask you to register as soon as possible in order to choose the most suitable accommodation for you.
- Is there any registration fee?
No, but with your registration form you should send us an amount of 150 euros as a deposit to guarantee the reservation of your course. This sum will be deducted from the total invoice.
- Which are the forms of payment?
- a bank transfer
- traveller's cheques (in euros)
- a cheque (in euros)
- postal order in euros directly to Colegio Delibes.
- in cash during the first week of your stay in Salamanca.
- Do I need a student visa?
If you are from a non-EU country, you'll need a visa. With the confirmation letter, which will be sent to your address, you will receive a special certificate, proving your registration in our school. you'll have to take it to the Spanish Embassy in your country to ask for the relevant visa: student, tourist, etc.
- Do I get medical care?
If you are from an EU country, you can use your health insurance in Spain. you'll have the same doctors as a Spaniard. You have to ask for a 'European Department of Health Card' at the Social Security Department in your country. Students of any nationality can also obtain our private Health Insurance, which costs 15 euros per month (it includes all the doctors except dentist and is only valid in Spain).
- If I cancel my inscription in Colegio Delibes, will I get my deposit back?
The deposit will be given back only if you inform us about the cancellation of the course in writing and, at least, four weeks before the start of your course. If the cancellation in question is due to problems with obtaining of a visa, the deposit will be reserved until you'll be able to come to Colegio Delibes.
2. COURSES IN COLEGIO DELIBES
- When do the courses start?
If you've got at least a small knowledge of Spanish, you can start any Monday. If you have never studied Spanish, that is to say, you have a beginner level, you'll have to start on the first Monday of the month (see the course start dates).
- What should I do the first day of my course?
You should come to Colegio Delibes on Monday between 8.30 and 9.00 a.m. This day you'll take a placement test (written and oral) which will help us to know the level you've got and the group you should be in. After the test, Delibes staff will explain everything you should know about the school, activities you can participate in, etc. You'll start the course the same day and you'll get all the necessary material for your classes.
- Can I extend my course once in Salamanca?
How will the price be calculated? Once you start the course, you'll be able to extend it the time you want. For example, if you do a two-week course and during the first week you decide to extend it to four weeks, we'll apply the price for four weeks, not 2+2. If you extend it after the first week, the price will be as published on our web page.
- How many students are there in each class?
There is a maximum of 12 students per class. We also offer an Intensive Course of Spanish Language – Minigroup with a maximum of five students per class.
- Can I change the course once the classes start?
If you find out the level of the course you attend is too easy or too difficult for you, you'll be able to talk to our head teacher and change the level during the first week of your course.
- If there is a Unit difficult for me to understand, what can I do? You should tell it to your teacher, and you'll be given an extra class – a tutorial (free of charge). You can also apply for one-to-one lessons in order to get more information about a particular Topic.
- What's the minimum age to participate in your courses?
You should be at least 15 to be able to attend our courses.
- What nationality are Delibes-students?
Depending on the season of the year, there may be more students of some nationalities, but throughout the year we have students from more than 40 different countries of the World.
- What will happen if I have to leave before the end of my course?
If you have to return to your country because of justified circumstances, we'll give you a special voucher for the weeks of the course left (not accommodation). You'll be able to use this voucher during the year of the course you could not finish, or the following year. There will be no possibility of transferring it to any relatives or friends.
- Will I get any certificate when I finish the course?
Those students who complete at least one level will receive a diploma with the result of the exam. Those who stay for less than 4 weeks will get an attendance certificate. Is the course more expensive if I register a couple of days before its start? No, the price doesn't change, either you register long before the course start or the same day.
- When can I enter and leave my accommodation?
It depends on the accommodation you choose. If you decide to stay with a Spanish family or in a residence, you can enter and leave whenever you like. If you decide to stay in a shared apartment with other students, you should come on Sunday prior to your course, and leave on Saturday, after finishing it.
- If I am not satisfied with my accommodation, can I change it?
If you are not happy with the accommodation you´ve reserved we´ll do our best to solve this problem, and, if necessary, change your accommodation as soon as possible.
- How can I contact my family from Salamanca?
If you have chosen the accommodation with a Spanish host family or in a residence, you'll be able to receive phone calls there and call using telephone cards, (you can buy them at school for 5 euros). If you live in a student apartment, you should use public phone box or your mobile phone – there are no telephones in the apartments.
- If I stay in an apartment, should I bring the bed linen?
No, i.e. school will provide you with it for the period of your stay in Salamanca, the only thing you should bring with you are the towels, or you can buy them here, they are not expensive.
4. HOW TO GET TO COLEGIO DELIBES
- How can I get to Colegio Delibes?
The fastest and most comfortable way is to go by plane to Madrid ‘Barajas’ or to Vallladolid airport (if you choose a low-cost company like Ryan Air). Then you can take a bus or train to Salamanca. When you complete your application form, you can indicate what airport you'll come to, and we'll give you the timetables of the respective transport. We also offer a transfer from the airport to the accommodation
- Whom should I contact if something unforeseen happens to me during my trip or my stay in Salamanca?
You'll be given an emergency number of the school, you'll also be able to contact us during the office hours.
5. OTHER INTERESTING INFORMATION
- What can I do during my free time?
Colegio Delibes offers many different entertaining activities during the week, 70% of which are included in the course price. Other activities like bowling, tapas, tennis, billiard, dinner in a typical wine cellar, etc. have a reasonable price. We also offer weekend excursions organized by Colegio Delibes or by a travel agency. But if you prefer to travel on your own or to do any other activity which is not included in our programme, we'll give you all the necessary information.
- Do Delibes students have any kind of discount?
There's no discount for the course and accommodation, because our prices are very competitive, but our students can get a student discount card at the reception (free of charge) with which they obtain 10/15 percent discounts in some bookshops, gym, photo Studio, hair-dresser's, etc.